Your smile reveals a lot about you. At Shane McDowell, DMD, we believe that smiling is one of the most powerful gifts we are given, and that is why we have made it our life’s work to help people take care of them. We are lucky to be able to smile at our neighbors, friends, and colleagues to demonstrate how happy we are to be in their company. But did you know smiling has more benefits than just making other people happy?
According to a myriad of studies done by top universities, the benefits of smiling and laughter have been found to lower your hormone causing stressors, as well as have the following positive health effects:
• Boost your immune system, preventing the flu and other illnesses. Smiling and laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies. If that’s not a reason to smile, we aren’t sure what is.
• Lower your blood pressure. Smiling can improve the function of blood vessels, increasing blood flow. This can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular issues.
• It’s a natural pain killer. Smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. What’s better than being happy already? Becoming more naturally happy as you smile! Smiling relaxes the whole body, reducing physical tension and stress, allowing you to feel happier.
• You’ll be more productive. Studies show that smiling has been known to increase productivity in work and at school. So while you’re working away, be sure to smile.
• You’ll look younger! Showing off those pearly whites on a regular basis can naturally lift the face. Studies show that it can make people look up to 3 years younger.
• It can help you build a great persona. Are you a leader or climbing the ladder in your community? It’s a commonly known social fact that successful people smile. Why wouldn’t they? They’re out in the world achieving their dreams. Working hard and smiling your way to success is a great way to build your career.
If you are missing out on all of these amazing opportunities to smile because you aren’t comfortable with the look of your teeth, let us help! At Shane McDowell, DMD, we offer quality cosmetic and restorative dentistry that can create a brighter smile and a new you!
Some important things to always remember is to be consistent with your dental care routine. Brush your teeth twice daily and floss once per day, visiting us for a dental cleaning and check-up every 6 months. If you are still unhappy with the quality of your smile, we offer services that can provide you with greater confidence and a new outlook on life, including:
• Tooth Colored Fillings
• Teeth Whitening
• Complete Smile Makeover
Live your life to the fullest, which includes that beautiful smile! Call us to request a consultation today, at (239) 936-0597 or contact us here.