What you eat and drink directly impacts the health of your teeth and gums. With all of the drinks selection available, one of the best drinks for your oral health may be brewed tea! A review of existing studies show that drinking brewed teas results in less enamel loss than drinking soft drinks and fruit juices and that the effect of tea on tooth enamel is similar to that of water.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Green Tea?
Scientific studies are beginning to show the potential health benefits of drinking green tea, especially in weight loss, heart health, and oral health. Green tea’s ability to help reduce symptoms of periodontal (gum) disease may be due to the presence of the antioxidant catechin and the compounds called polyphenols that interact with the bacteria that cause plaque. By interfering with the body’s inflammatory response to periodontal bacteria, green tea may actually help promote oral health, and ward off further gum disease.
If you have any questions or concerns about healthy habits for your mouth, we invite you to call our personable staff today at 239-936-0597 or visit our website at MyFortMyersDentist.com to make an appointment.
Regular dental visits are very important to your health and wellbeing. In fact, we recommend you have a professional cleaning and dental exam every six months. Spring is a great time for your first cleaning of the year.
First, because many people are in “spring cleaning” mode, so it is easy to remember to make this important appointment as part of your annual routine. Second, a spring cleaning puts your second cleaning of the year in the fall, before the holiday rush makes it harder to fit it into your schedule.
Why are these routine visits so important?
- To prevent gum disease – This is our top reason because it is so important to the health of your entire body! By preventing gum disease, you avoid oral health problems such as bone loss, bad breath and tooth loss, and you also preventing one of the main risk factors for a myriad of health problems such as heart disease and some cancers.
- To help detect oral cancer – Early detection is very important with any cancer, and oral cancer is no exception. We screen patients for signs of oral cancer at every exam.
- To have a healthy smile – Regular cleanings will help keep your teeth white and healthy so your smile looks great.
- To maintain good oral health – Good home maintenance is of the utmost importance, and we can help. When we examine your teeth we can point areas where you need to focus more attention and coach you through any oral health challenges you face.
- To save money – By detecting problems early when they can be fixes more easily, you could avoid more costly procedures down the road.
Schedule your spring cleaning appointment today! Call our office at 239-936-0597 or visit www.myfortmyersdentist.com.